Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Midsummer Night’s Dream



“You must serve Lord Theobhan and his family with your life. Nothing can be compared to his mercy. We will meet, soon.”

I was only 4-year-old, when she decided to leave me to live and serve Lord Theobhan. If I remembered it, I felt hurt, hurt, and only pain left. I opened my eyes. The curtains were blown by the morning wind. The morning dew was left on my poppy by the window. It was such a pretty flower blooming in the late spring.

Knock, knock!

“I’m sorry to bother you, but Lord Lysander wants to meet you.”

***

It was such a long journey and memory. In my whole life, I always stayed by his side. I and Lysander grew together, played together, we were more than partner in crimes. I was the body and he was the soul.

“You get a nightmare again? You look terrilble, Eoen.” he spoke while aiming his bow and arrow to a small target in the middle of the field.

“No, my Lord. I’m little bit tired.” I replied.

“You can call me by the name, Eoen.” he sighed, “If that’s so, I will order Ravenna to make you some honeysuckle tea. It’s energy booster, good for your health.” he smiled as he spoke then he stretched his bow and released the arrow.

“Uhm...My Lord ahem... Lysander. Ravenna told me that you want to see me. Is there any problem, sire? Ahem...” my tongue did not get used to call him by the name. I didn’t know, but I thought he got brighter than the other days. As he spoke, he always smiled, showing his beautiful dimple, his eyes indicated a great joy.
“I have to celebrate my happiness with you, Eoen. I will marry Hermia the day after tomorrow.” he smiled widely. I didn’t know how to behave. I was happy for him, for sure, but something cracked.
  

Rina Ayu Lestari
I’m nobody who wants to be somebody. My motto that keeps me alive is - The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything – Theodore Roosevelt. Why? This quote is like an excuse to me to keep doing mistakes all over again. LOL! I have a strong head, because I’m an Arian and my skin keeps boiling because of anger. I’m a type of persons who don’t get along well with human. Well, maybe because of my hometown is far away there, surrounded by mountains, beaches, forests, and wild animals. I prefer to choose 2D and give my pure and platonic love to my idols. LOL (again)!  As the title, this story is a side story of Shakespeare’s play with the same title, A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Why did I choose the story? It is simply because it is a comedy. I don’t really like tragedy that Shakespeare mostly chose for his plays or his poems. I did not change the basic story of this play, but Eoen is an additional character that became the main character here. To get better understanding of this story, I suggest you, at least, to read the summary of A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Shakespeare, but by reading the whole play is more worth it. I think if you read this side story as an independent story, you can still enjoy it, and it feels more like reading fan fiction. ^^ Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment