Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Turnover


As I move my feet, I remember the day this all started. It was raining cats and dogs, and the freshly repaired ceiling fell down because of the storm.
"What do you mean by that?" Ender stood up, holding a cup of tea. I could see frowns on his face, trying to make sense of what I had said.
"It is exactly what you heard it. We must resist," I said to Ender and Josh.

"We can't. He's too dangerous," said Josh.
"This is for the good of the people. Did you see what the newspaper said? Three people were missing. Yet they found another body, thought to be the one missing last week. How many more innocent people you want to sacrifice?" I stood up, made my way to Ender. He nodded, agreeing my saying, an said, "I can't agree with you more."
"If this is the only way to stop all this bullshit, so be it. I can't take this anymore. How long do you want to live under this cloud of fear?"
"I'd rather living under this fucking cloud than having to go there and get killed," Josh stood up, "If you still want to do that, you do that without me," he slapped the table and walked to his room. Ender followed him and punched him in the face. "You fucking coward!"

Shofwatul Widad is a third-year university student who is more of a netizen than a citizen. She prefers reading than writing. But then again, aren't all books first written?

No comments:

Post a Comment