Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Dancing Floor



His name was Anthony.

I did not like his voice, but I needed to bear with it.

I did not say anything to his statement, but he followed me all day.

I did not try to initiate a conversation, but he always tried to build a conversation with me.

I did not call him as a friend, but he did

But why I just stayed quiet and let him did all of those? Why?

Because what he had been talked that day was true. The day when he said that no one would ever bully me again as long as I was with him. No one had ever come to me since that day. Not every single person came to me. Like a diseases that could infect them, they stayed away from me. They looked at me like a monster that wanted to eat and destroy them. Like a criminal, they talked behind my back and they always stopped it when I looked at them. They knew my existence but they tried for good to ignore me. It is good. My life became more quiet and peaceful.

Yes, without my knowing and my wanting we became close. He was always there for me and accompanied me. Like a good friend, he lessened my anxiety to people. My trust to him grew bigger and bigger each day.

We did not do anything special. Every time the bell rung for the lunch break, I would go to the rooftop to avoid the wave of student who wanted to go to canteen or meet their friends as soon as possible. He would follow me to the rooftop and same like me he said he detested the crowd. I would eat my lunch on the rooftop while he would just lie down and hummed a song that I did not know. After I finished my lunch, he always persuaded me to dance even I could not dance at all.

“Close your eyes, Anna. Imagine that you are in a beautiful place like heaven,” whispered him in my ear. He was very close to me. I could sense his breath on my nape. It was cold and chilled. No one had ever been so close to me.

Every day I learnt a new movement. Every day I learnt more about him. He had an amazing smiled with a bright white tooth. He was good at searching a new topic for conversation, and he was good at dancing and singing. Nothing he could not do. We danced and danced and forgot for a moment about the problem that we had. We stopped whenever we heard the bell chimed. I could not wait for the next day. I could not wait to dance with him and shut out the world. Right and left, right and left, right and left.
 
I am happy.



Fika Marchelita

Fika is a student from Universitas Indonesia and currently taking English Literature as her major. Her batch in English Literature is 2011, so she is now in the middle of her last year of studying. Not only becomes a good student, Fika also joins two organizations in Universitas Indonesia. The first organization that she joins since she was a freshmen and up until now is IKMI. In IKMI 2014, she becomes the staff of Public Relation division. The second organization that she joins since a year ago is DPM UI. In DPM UI 2013, she became the staff of Media Information and Documentation division, and In DPM UI 2014, she becomes the deputy of Human Resource division. During her free time, she likes to watch movies or TV series and listen to the music. She really likes all shades of purple colors and can be contacted directly through her email: fmarchelita11@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment