Monday, June 16, 2014

Untitled



Those times that I had with her were so memorable, but the fact that she has gone made it really painful to recall those memories.

Even though I lived a miserable life without her, I felt relief as well. I felt relief for she didn’t have to experience living with these fool pirates. I chose to die rather that living with these people, but I had no choice. My life was saved by a good guy, Antonio, who happened to be one of the crew members of this pirate ship.


As pirate, he might be seen as cruel and inhumane, but he wasn’t like his fellow pirates. He was a good painter. He always painted whenever he had times, because he loved painting so much. He sat on a certain spot of the ship to paint. One day, when he was painting he saw a man holding on a floating board, desperately tried to lift his body on it. Soon afterward, Antonio learned that, that guy needed a help. As pirates, helping a dying guy on the ocean was definitely not their business, but after a very though negotiation with the other pirates, he convinced them to save that guy. That dying guy was finally saved. He was fainted for weeks, but Antonio took care of him well until he gained his consciousness. That dying guy, who was already saved, ungratefully desired to die for losing his one and only sister, who couldn’t be saved from the same accident that he experienced. That dying guy was me, Sebastian. My life was saved, but my happiness wasn’t. It was sucked by the ocean along with my sister.


Anneta Saraswati

A Javanese, currently an undergraduate student of UI majoring in English Studies. This is the excerpt of my writing on the project of rewriting canonical work from my creative writing class. I re-wrote one of Shakespeare’s canonical works entitled The Twelfth Night, which is a play. I took only the first part of act 2 to be rewritten. I didn’t read much on Shakespeare’s works, but this play was really interesting, so I, who didn’t have any experience in writing, tried to rewrite this canonical work. I hope people can enjoy reading it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment